Veterinary Care Voucher Debit Cards:
Get Help With Vet Bills in Northeast Ohio
Not Accepting New Applications
We have nearly 240 households on the waiting list to receive a Voucher Card and nearly 10 are pending approval. We are not accepting new applications starting on 9/12/2023 until further notice.
NEW as of April 2023
We've made one big improvement to our program. No more paper Vouchers! We're now sending out Veterinary Care Voucher Debit Cards. Once an eligible household receives a Voucher Card, they may keep it for as long as they like. Each eligible household may receive up to $250 during each one-year cycle, as long as they are eligible that year.
How does the Voucher Card work & what does it cover?
Voucher Cards can pay for most veterinary care goods and services that are medically and surgically recommended by a veterinarian.
$250 should cover veterinary care needs for one healthy pet needing an annual wellness visit that requires a physical exam, some disease tests (e.g. heartworm test for dogs, FIV/FeLV test for cats, and fecal exams), and core vaccinations (annual shots for adult dogs and cats). If you have puppies or kittens needing their first series of vaccinations, more than one pet (count only dogs or cats), or a sick pet, the vet bill(s) may be much higher than $250 in a one-year cycle.
Vouchers may NOT be used for the following items.
- Paying off old debt. You must make arrangements with your veterinary clinic to pay off your debt.
- Tail docking and ear cropping to meet breed standards
- Goods and services that aren't medically or surgically necessary for your pet's health (or for your health benefit), such as microchipping, collars, leashes, toys, etc.
If you have needs that aren't met by our Voucher Card program, check out these other Northeast Ohio pet resources.
Only apply if you believe you're eligible. Have proof of meeting financial need requirements before you apply.
There are four options to apply. From the quickest to the slowest service options, they are listed below.
- Fill out the online application form below and upload a PDF (or photo) of your proof of meeting financial need. Do not print this online application form.
- Download the form that you can print, fill out, and mail with a copy of your proof of meeting financial need (coming soon!).
- Contact us by email and we can send you an email attachment of the application form that you can download, print, fill out, and mail the completed form with a copy of your proof of meeting financial need.
- Call the office and ask that we can mail one to your current address. Fill out the form, and mail the completed form with a copy of your proof of meeting financial need.
If have any questions about this application process, please call us at 216.920.3051 Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5:30 pm ET (except observed holidays).